Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day Twenty-Two, I'm Feeling Blue!

... blue earrings, that is!

Those who know me, know that my most-favorite color is royal blue, but there is a place in my heart for all the colors of blue-- the bright sky, the dark rolling ocean, the brilliance of a sapphire, the softness of a seashell, the serenity of a Caribbean sea-- each and every one of them is special in its own way.

These earrings are inspired by the warm seas near the Equator:

They remind me of something "Ariel" from "A Little Mermaid" might wear, if she were all grown up!

I used sterling silver spacers to create a "balled" effect on the bottom; both stones are freshwater pearls. I love the color of the blue pearls, and the interesting shape of the white squares!

This photo shows off the colors much more accurately than the first~

These earrings are the kind that I wear-- very much a reflection of my own personal style. They were originally planned to be a black and white pair, to match some necklaces I made recently, but I couldn't resist throwing in the dash of blue. Like I said earlier, my all-time favorite color. Perhaps I will create a necklace to match these earrings, instead of the other way around~!

Yet another day of my challenge is complete. See you all tomorrow~

0 friends stopped by to chat:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, and for reading my blog! <3