Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

As the title says, it's Valentine's Day... so I'm wishing all y'all a "Happy Sappy Day"! Anyone have exciting plans?

I'm here to post a quick sneak-peek of what's cooking, metaphorically speaking. Thanks to a stroke of genius I am now actually able to connect my sterling silver chain to clasps. The "how" is unimportant, but the resulting effects are quite exciting. This new development means that I can actually *complete* several necklaces that up until now were only halfway done.

I've also been playing with photography, trying to show off my pieces as best I can. And I'm proud to report that I am improving my photography style with every blog post. See?


Notice the sterling silver chain... the lovely round freshwater pearls, cream-colored and two distinct shades of green... and the iridescent, irregular "flat" oval pearl in the center. Not to play favorites with any of my "children", but I truly love this one. It reminds me of a spring garden!

This time, the colors in my photograph actually came out true to form. What a concept! ;)

Now, I know that I keep making promises about what I'm going to post next. I don't forget, I just get a little distracted by pretty things. What can I say? I'm practically half-magpie!

But this new "next post" promise will actually be kept. See, inspired by another blog, I joined a group on Flickr called Bead Table Wednesday. The subject of my photos will change each week, but the idea is to photograph and share my materials with other jewelry artists. I'm so excited to show off my up-and-coming projects!

See you all tomorrow, for Beautifully Whimsical's "Workspace Wednesday" debut~!

0 friends stopped by to chat:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, and for reading my blog! <3