Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bead Table Wednesday: My First One!

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you all... MY BEAD TABLE:


Okay, so it's not TECHNICALLY my actual table. Or my workbench. But it's the beads that I was most inspired by today.
See, when I was a child, my mom and I were VERY loyal customers to a jewelry store that was only open for one month out of the year... until they had to close the business, and liquidated all their assets. This included finished items, such as necklaces and earrings and bracelets, but ALSO included their actual jewelry materials. Needless to say, we maintained our stellar relationship until the bitter end.

A few months later, my grandmother came across a tin full of her old jewelry beads and accents. Over time, she had many necklaces that broke apart, and she had used the tin to store all their beads and connectors and clasps and pieces. She gave it to me that year, but I kept holding on to them. I knew I would somehow find the project for these special items.

The lace (tied in a bow) came from my grandmother, along with the clasp on the bottom, the two swirly metallic connectors, and the beads in the center. Those aren't just craft store beads... they are vintage iridescent/pearly beads that have a rose carved into each one. GORGEOUS!

The two silver heart pendants, and the "The End" charm all came from that special store mentioned above. My only regret is that I did not buy out their entire stock, back when the store closed.

So there you have it. My beautiful vintage beads, and the sweet story behind them.

Do you want to see what "Bead Table Wednesdays" are all about? Click on the image below, and it will take you to the Flikr group. Hope you enjoy!

0 friends stopped by to chat:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, and for reading my blog! <3