Saturday, February 4, 2012

Jewelry~ New Beginnings (All Over Again!)

Since my last post was practically a novel, I've decided to keep this one short and sweet... for the sake of my readers' eyes, as well as my poor tired fingers!

Anyhow, I'm still tying up the loose ends on the mittens. I do most of my knitting while watching TV, and I just haven't watched enough of it lately. Plus, the "loose ends" bit is my least favorite part of ANY knitting project. My feeling is, if I wanted to sew, I would pick up the damn sewing machine and do that!

So, a break from my posts about knitting. And onto the jewelry!

These are some of the pieces I've made within the past few weeks. Hubby will be selling them at a Farmers' Market tomorrow. So excited, but so nervous at the same time-- we hope to do well, but you can never quite tell with these things! I'm only posting three pieces tonight, for your viewing pleasure. The rest will just have to wait!

First up, a very simple glass seed-bead creation! I created a warm color pattern, accented with quartz, and with a featured pattern using quartz, red agate, and flower-shaped Swarovski crystals. Perfect for a hot summer day~



... Next up, my "true blue" necklace! Black seed beads along the back of the neck, with silver spacers separating the many segments of this classic style. I started with small beads of black onyx, and moved towards various combinations of black, white, and blue agate, and blue jade. The featured beads are black onyx, cut into beads shaped like large rectangles. Very classy, and such a classic style~



... And onto my third and final piece for the night. Just in time for Valentine's Day, I bring you a necklace with romantic pink and purple pearls! Black seed beads wrap around the neck, and lead into a gently gradated style of black onyx and black agate. Featured in the center are three large beads of black onyx, the ones on the side mimicking the shape of a heart. A sweetheart of a necklace, designed to be worn by someone's sweetheart~


Anyhow, y'all let me know what you think of the jewelry. This is me saying goodnight... I'm signing off the Intarweb, and signing into Dreamland!

2 friends stopped by to chat:

Bubble My Licorice said...

I love the first one
this shade of orange is great!

Julia said...

Thank you so much for the compliment, and for the time you took to stop by and comment on my jewelry~! I will be making many more in that color, so keep your eyes peeled! <3

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, and for reading my blog! <3