Thursday, February 9, 2012

MY FIRST OFFICIAL SALE!

It's official... I'm a vendor~!

The Farmer's Market was fun, but it was sparsely attended. There were so few customers that I not only was able to step away from our table and make friends with other vendors... who confirmed my suspicions that we were essentially selling to each other that day.

On the plus side, I got to taste some DELICIOUS food made by my neighbor vendors~ on the down side, I am going to gain some serious poundage if I continue to be placed between the ice cream vendor and the chef who sells authentic Spanish/Hispanic/Latino cuisine!

My adventures in food aside, this was a great day for me as an artist. I sold my very first piece of jewelry!





The piece was made out of purple and pearly-white seed beads, accented with long shiny "bugle" beads, quartz, and purple glass beads, frosted over with an irregular white spotted pattern.

I am in the process of creating a similar piece, using red glass beads and a slight variation on the seed bead pattern. Hubby's aunt was the person who actually purchased it, but I feel better (and consider it my first sell) because it had garnered a great deal of attention at the market, from just about everyone who came by.

It was the first piece of jewelry I made, since we began this venture <3

0 friends stopped by to chat:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, and for reading my blog! <3