Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day Twenty-Seven... Learning Resin!

I want to start making my own beads and jewelry components. The other day I picked up a kit to make resin jewelry. I have all the necessary supplies... now I just need to feel well enough to do it.

If it turns out well, I'll post the results (proudly) on this blog. If not, well... there's a site for failed projects that just might be calling my name. If it comes to that I will probably be very upset.

Anyway, I'm still under the weather, but I'm proud of myself for being so productive today. Here are the earrings:

I nicknamed these "Double Jade", since the two beads used are two types of jade. There's teal jade for the bottom, and blue jade for the top!
Now, I usually try to get at least a few different views of my jewelry, to show it off to the best it can be. Unfortunately, this is all you're going to get for now.

The camera did not pick up the color of the jade as well as I'd like. The one on the top-- the smaller bead-- is a dark blue, and it came out more of a black color. The one on the bottom is teal and white, and came out looking like a gunmetal grey-blue.

Today's earrings have been a complete Color Fail.

At least they're gorgeous in person. And at least the photo doesn't look *terrible*~ it just doesn't show up the colors as well as I'd like.

If I ever get a better photograph of these earrings, I will gladly show these earrings off again. In the meantime, have a great evening, and I'll see you all again tomorrow!

0 friends stopped by to chat:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, and for reading my blog! <3